CENTAMAN is recognized as a market leader in supplying software systems to the Attractions, Leisure, Tourism, Local Government and Education markets in North America, Australia and Asia. The CENTAMAN system covers a wide range of applications that include attractions venue management, ticketing, booking management, point of sale, and access control. Our clients are diverse and include Museums, Zoos, Parks, Aquatic Centers, Universities and Government agencies. CENTAMAN is based in Chicago with offices in Sydney and Melbourne, and is a subsidiary of Jonas Software, the leading provider of enterprise management software for more than 50,000 customers across 15 countries.
CENTAMAN Systems is seeking an experienced Software Installation and Upgrade Engineer, located at the Contour Karachi office, who will be responsible for delivery of the CENTAMAN product suite to our customers. A resource with IT/Network administration knowledge and basic exposure to software development can succeed. Someone with enterprise software installation/implementation experience will be ideal.
The successful hire will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- This includes software installation at new customers as well as upgrades of existing customer deployments.
- You must have a solid understanding of industry best practices and hands-on experience managing the remote deployment of desktop applications over a widely distributed client base.
- You will also manage the installation and deployment of CENTAMAN's current IIS based web applications and API's.
- The position will work with the operations team on the Azure hosted environment and web applications.
- The role requires managing a large and varied infrastructure as it grows.
- The position includes building out the appropriate tools and processes to make your own job easier and planning for future platform growth.
You will be part of the CENTAMAN's operations team and work closely with the software development in defining tools and methods that will automate deployment processes. Responsibilities:
- Deployment coordination and planning.
- Installation of software to new clients.
- Performing upgrades on existing clients.
- Liaison with new/existing clients on the above tasks.
- Manage the deployment of production, staging and test environments.
- Improve automated deployment processes.
- 4+ years Windows Server management experience (IIS, SQL Server essential).
- Experience with virtualized and cloud environments (Azure experience a plus).
- High level of accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to negotiate / work with other teams across all levels.
- A familiarity with IT/network administration.
- A familiarity with software development methodologies, tools, languages and approaches.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Diligent, responsible and conscious of the security and privacy implications when connected to CENTAMAN client sites.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build relationships and work effectively with others at all levels across the business.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment