Harris ERP has been providing Enterprise Resource Planning software exclusively to the public sector for more than 30 years. We understand the challenges government agencies face to find software that is able to meet both current and future requirements. That's why our native Web-based, modular architecture and flexible design provides you with a solution that is configurable, adaptable and easily evolves along with your enterprise needs.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer, who will be responsible for:
- Work with a team of developers to support and enhance an existing suite of products written using the Java EE platform.
- Understand business requirements and translate them to technical requirements down to code.
- Plan and design your work before diving into coding.
- Identify major faults / deficiencies in the existing code base and refactor the code to make it more robust.
- Analyze bugs from customer sites and provide fixes.
- Conduct root cause analysis of a bug and provide remediation.
- Improve existing code build processes.
- Write automated unit tests for the work being done and incorporate the unit tests in the build process.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Lahore/Islamabad/Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Job Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years' experience with building web applications in Java EE.
- 4+ years' experience with JBOSS, JBOSS EAP, Wildfly, Glassfish or other application server environments.
- 3+ years' experience with SQL Server and MYSQL databases. Familiarity with setting up new databases and administering existing ones.
- 2+ years' experience working with Agile (Kanban and Scrum) methodologies.
- Experience writing automated unit and integration tests.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Familiarity with IT networking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Java developer certification.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment