Innovative software solutions from IDS empower Dealerships with information to effectively manage and grow their business. Our software helps our Dealerships clients to position themselves for growth, financing, acquisition, or IPO. Our customers are among the largest RV and Marine dealerships with Constellation as their trusted technology partner.
IDS commitment to dealership software is second to none, with an exceptional engineering group dedicated to innovative software development and support, and constant enhancements to our solutions. Backed by Constellation Software, we are committed to RV and Marine dealerships and the technology that powers them.
The Senior Database Developer will work within development teams to design, develop, implement, and operate scripts and procedures which contains core business logic of an ERP system. You will also contribute in design of database performance, monitoring, handling service requests, and developing tooling to determine when to scale, while working with MultiValue database.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute in our migration from a legacy database to Postgres.
- Develop a disaster recovery strategy.
- Work with Ops team on Database tuning and administration best practices.
- Work heavily with the procedures and will maintain/convert the core business logic which is in scripts.
The hired employee will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Education & Qualifications:
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context - on Postgres (Oracle/My SQL/SQL server are viable alternatives).
- Has programming background or willing to move to a heavy programming role.
- Familiar with data Structure and has strong analytics skills.
- Willing to work with Esoteric NO SQL Database.
- Experience in complete ETL cycle including data analysis, database design, data mapping and conversion and data load.
- Reporting and Analytics presentation layer expertise including Dashboards and Reporting.
- Experience with Database automation.
- Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics.
- Knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment