The Perseus operating group of Constellation Software Inc, is a portfolio of vertical market enterprise software companies. Perseus acquires independently managed software companies around the world, providing them with the strategic guidance and financial security they need to become leaders within their respective markets.
The division is seeking an energetic, independent and detail-oriented Privacy Officer to join our Contour office. The privacy officer is responsible for overseeing all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance, and adherence to the organization's policies and procedures covering the privacy of the organization, which includes numerous subsidiaries and affiliates in multiple jurisdictions including the US, UK, Canada and other countries. The Privacy Officer is responsible for the organization's Privacy Program including but not limited to daily operations of the program, development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures, monitoring program compliance, investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches and ensuring consumers' rights in compliance with federal and state laws.
Education and Technical Skills
- Reports to the General Counsel of the Perseus Operating Group and collaborates across the organization to develop guidance and assist in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of organization information privacy policies and procedures in coordination with organization management and administration
- Works with legal counsel and management, key departments, and committees to ensure that the organization has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality agreements with Customers and Vendors reflecting current organization and legal practices and requirements
- Collaborates with the information security officer to ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs including policies, practices, investigations, and acts as a liaison to the information systems department.
- In coordination with Human Resources, oversees, directs, delivers, or ensures delivery of initial and privacy training and orientation to the workforce and extended workforce.
- Performs required breach risk assessment, documentation, mitigation, and remediation. Works with Human Resources to ensure consistent application of sanctions for privacy violations
- Conducts ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with the organization's other compliance and operational assessment functions.
- Works with organization administration, legal counsel, and other related parties to represent the organization's information privacy interests with external parties (state or local government bodies) who undertake to adopt or amend privacy legislation, regulation, or standard.
- Manages all required breach determination and notification processes under HIPAA, GDPR, and applicable state and other breach rules and requirements
- Serves as information privacy resource to the organization regarding release of information and to all departments for all privacy related issues.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelor's degree required; JD, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years of privacy experience (Senior candidates with greater overall experience, especially in MNC environments, encouraged to apply) including experience in data protection and legal compliance, preferably including experience working with GDPR, HIPAA, and other U.S. and International privacy and data protection laws and regulations
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including sophisticated Excel workbooks and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience in state and federal information privacy laws, including but not limited to HIPAA, and preferably including privacy certification such as Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS) and/or other healthcare industry related credential (RHIA, RHIT, etc.), GDPR, and other national and regional data protection laws such as CCPA.
- Familiarity with computer security systems and knowledge of data processing operations
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving to achieve goals
- Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers
- Excellent writing skills
- Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all noncompliance; a high level of integrity and trust
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment