The Perseus operating group of Constellation Software Inc, is a portfolio of vertical market enterprise software companies. Perseus acquires independently managed software companies around the world, providing them with the strategic guidance and financial security they need to become leaders within their respective markets.
The Perseus Operating Group, a division of Constellation Software (TSX:CSU), is seeking an energetic, independent and detail oriented Privacy Engineer to join our Contour office. The Privacy Engineer is responsible for all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance, and adherence to the organization's policies and procedures covering the privacy of the organization, which includes numerous subsidiaries and affiliates in multiple jurisdictions including the US, UK, Canada, and other countries. The Privacy Engineer is responsible for the organization's Privacy Program including but not limited to daily operations of the program, development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures, monitoring program compliance, investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches and ensuring consumers' rights in compliance with federal and state laws. Key Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Privacy Officer of the Perseus Operating Group, and assists in the development, identification, implementation, and maintenance of organization information privacy policies and procedures in coordination with organization management and administration
- Independently and effectively project manage projects assigned
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities and reporting violations; determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Works with legal counsel and management, key departments, and committees to ensure that the organization has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality agreements with Customers and Vendors reflecting current organization and legal practices and requirements
- Performs required breach risk assessment, documentation, and mitigation. Works with Human Resources to ensure consistent application of sanctions for privacy violations
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education and Technical Skills
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years of related experience; experience in system administration, network security, information security policies, and process improvement, and project management, preferred
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including sophisticated Excel workbooks and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience in state and federal information privacy laws, including but not limited to HIPAA.
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving to achieve goals
- Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers
- Excellent writing skills
- Recommended privacy certification
- A high level of integrity and trust
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment