Recognized by Gartner as a "Vendor to Watch,” CAKE (a division of Constellation Software Inc.), is a high-growth organization that delivers powerful SaaS-based solutions for advertisers looking to take full advantage of digital marketing opportunities. We leverage bleeding-edge technologies on a global infrastructure to empower our clients with the ability to track and analyze the massive amounts of data generated from multiple channels including search, social, mobile, affiliate, video and more.
We are looking to hire an SQA Analyst (Automation) having strong experience and expertise in Automation and Manual Testing, to work closely with CAKE R&D team to help ensure high quality and timely delivery of releases. At CAKE, we track billions of marketing events weekly. Were looking for a talented individual with a natural technical acumen, who can anticipate problems with implementation and be an advocate for quality, while participating in implementation of Test Automation.
The successful hire will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the onshore R&D team.
Qualification & Experience:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, information technology or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional Experience in Automation & Manual Testing.
- At least 2+ years of hands on experience in Test Automation.
- Strong understanding of web-based technologies, and competency in one or more of the following programming languages:
- goLang (preferred)
- C# (preferred)
- Strong experience with SeleniumWebDriver automation framework.
- Experience querying SQL databases to verify test results.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and execute a testing strategy.
- Solid understanding of SDLC and STLC.
- Strong knowledge and experience with various testing practices and techniques.
- Ability to work with Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, internet software, e-mail.
- Requires basic math skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions. Ability to write clear and concise letters and emails.
- Be an Advocate for Quality
- Work as a full partner with the development team to include all hooks and debug tools that will help to drive quality.
- Question what is written rather than take it on faith that the person who wrote the specifications knows the best implementation.
- Automation Engineering
- Create and maintain a framework that will allow for a suite of tests to be used in base functionality verification.
- Educate other engineers in the use of the framework so that it can be used to create tests during rather than after new feature development.
- Create other tools that will be used in the testing effort by yourself and others in the company.
- Manual Testing
- Go beyond simple requirements verification and thoroughly test the product holistically.
- Anticipate possible ramifications elsewhere in the software that might occur due to current stories.
- Thoroughly explore the features you are testing, looking for weakness in logic and/or implementation.
- Participate as a full team member in all planning and estimation practices.
- Hold other team members accountable for quality. (e.g. if software is deemed "code complete” but does not meet the requirements, emphasize the need for more or better developer testing.)
- Clearly and promptly communicate any defects, issues, or concerns with software before, during, and after the development process.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Priority Setting
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment