Atex, headquartered in Sweden with offices worldwide, is a leading software company selling solutions for media-rich industries. We develop smart digital solutions that make a measurable difference and enable our customers to streamline operations and optimize their digital strategy.
Atex has been operating in the publishing industry since 1973, by leading every major innovation over the last 42 years.
Atex has 10 legal entities in UK, Australia, Sweden, Italy, Finland, Singapore, Canada and France. The Finance department is split across the world with 1 resource in Australia, 1 in UK, 1 in Italy, 3 in Karachi and 2 in Sweden. The candidate will be working with the Karachi team as an extension of the Finance Team.
The division is looking for an Accounts Assistant to work with finance team in Karachi. The duties include processing AR/AP invoices, recording bank transactions and reconciliations related to bank and intercompany. Our ideal candidate holds a bachelors degree and is familiar with accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics GP).
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process within GP.
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct ledger (AR vs AP).
- Posting invoices batches within the sales module and ensuring that the invoices are being referred correctly in GP.
- Process accounts payable by analyzing different invoices and making sure they are coded correctly and posting them into GP.
- Process cash receipts/vendor payments in GP and apply them against correct invoices.
- Reconciling the AR/AP subledger to the General Ledger.
- Performing weekly bank reconciliation to ensure all transactions are updated and posted.
- Assist the finance team with monthly closing and meeting the reporting deadlines.
- Provide support to finance team during internal and external audits.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Independent with the ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines.
- Efficient, multi-tasking and goal oriented.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment