Horizon Retail Solutions provides business answers for high-volume retail chains through software, consulting, training and support. Horizons offerings are ideal for farm, home, ranch, fleet, hardware, home center, and sporting goods chains. Working closely with its customers, Horizon Retail Solutions developed Host retail enterprise software, Store-Cashier, Store-Manager, Warehouse Management System (WMS), and PaymentPro.Net.
The Development Manager is a talented, self-directed and self-motivated individual with strong technical skills and demonstrated verbal and written skills. This person should have superior interpersonal and communications skills and has experience in working in a team based development environment involving local and North American colleagues. This person has strong technical skills in order to personally deliver, and mentor other developers. Working to deliver a complex enterprise-grade ERP application, this person is accountable for producing high quality, timely, testable and reliable code, including deployments. Apart from being the strongest technical resource on the team, this person shall possess significant team, project and process management, and especially work effort estimation and reporting experiences.
The hired person shall work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department and will lead the local sub-team.
• Proactively coordinate and mentor developers to finish scrum sprints with maximum velocity.
• Ensure effective operations and throughput of the local development/QA team, identifying and eliminating inefficiencies that may emerge from time to time.
• Review and rewrite older programs to increase operating efficiency, enhance the customer experience, and adapt to new requirements as required.
• Follow and enforce existing coding standards and development best practices.
• Investigate and resolve open bugs.
• Actively participate in Sprint Reviews and product direction/design discussions.
• Work with deadlines in relation to project timelines.
• Openness to work extra hours if necessary, to successfully deliver.
• Fulfill administrative reporting requirements.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
General skills and knowledge
• Strong team leadership skills.
• Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to work effectively with others and independently.
• Pleasing disposition, self-motivated, organized and reliable.
• Ability to produce quality work in a timely manner and affect the changes necessary to maximize velocity in sprints.
• Ability to monitor and maintain process reliability.
Specialized skills and knowledge:
• 3+ years experience directly managing a developer team of 5+ people, with full accountability of throughput, code quality, and results.
• Hands-on experience building enterprise grade Microsoft MVC web applications
• Hands-on experience working in Service Oriented Architectures.
• Experience providing estimated effort for assigned work.
• Hands-on skill with Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, SharePoint, and an appetite to remain current.
Education and work experience:
• Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, math, or related area with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with Agile delivery approaches (e.g. SCRUM), in a model where some development is done locally, and some development done in North America.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
• Market-leading Salary
• Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
• Parents Medical Coverage
• Provident Fund
• Employee Performance-based bonuses
• Home Internet Subsidy
• Conveyance Allowance
• Company provided Lunch/Dinner.
• Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
• Life Benefit
• Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
• Professional Development Budget
• Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
• Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
• Friendly work environment
• Leave Encashment