Horizon Retail Solutions provides business answers for high-volume retail chains through software, consulting, training and support. Horizon's offerings are ideal for farm, home, ranch, fleet, hardware, home center, sporting goods and drug store chains. Working closely with its customers, Horizon Retail Solutions developed Host retail enterprise software, Store-Cashier, Store-Manager, Warehouse Management System (WMS), and PaymentPro.Net.
We are looking to hire RPG developers with hands on experience and expertise in RPG to help resolve customer issues. Working out of the Contour Software Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad office, the successful hire will collaborate with team members located in the same office as well as those offsite:
Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, update, and configure application programs to support business processes using RPG and embedded SQL
- Provide problem resolution and technical support for production software issues or system problems including identification, research, resolution and documentation of root cause
- Work with Business Engagement and end users to analyze, design, test, implement and support ERP business solutions
- Assist with installation and configuration of third-party software
- Create and maintain documentation for code and/or configuration throughout the software life cycle
- Develop detailed technical design and test specifications in accordance with SDLC strategies
- Identify and manage risks throughout the project life cycle to avoid business disruptions
- Resolve system and software issues as needed
- Developing reports as per the agreed set of requirements.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years prior development experience on RPG/AS 400.
- Advanced Knowledge of RPG ILE:
- Integrating applications
- Screen Application Development with SDA
- Web Application
- Advanced Knowledge of CL ILE, SQL ILE on IBM i- Series platform.
- Proficient in iSeries iOS Database Relations
- Proficient with IBM Query
- Experience with modernization is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communications
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment