Constellation HomeBuilder Systems is the leading software provider exclusively focused on the homebuilding industry. Our comprehensive suite of software solutions ranges from production and accounting, new home sales and marketing, home warranty and service, and homebuilder website solutions. We are the fastest growing and most successful provider of fully integrated information management solutions for homebuilders.
Our parent company is Constellation Software Inc, a well-capitalized, publicly traded company that specializes in vertical market software. Join our team for the benefit of working with a medium sized company while enjoying the support and opportunity of being part of a large organization.
The successful Software Development Lead reports into our Program Manager for one of the industry's most exciting software products: Design Studio Manager. Homebuilders rely upon it as a cornerstone for their sales processes in their Design Centers to derive substantial value and efficiency.
The Software Development Lead owns the quality and organization of the code base, interfaces with customers, and advises on how to maximize stable throughput within context of the broader ERP.
Qualifications and Skills
- Conducting code reviews for all code the product's development team delivers to QA.
- Accountable for documenting all system & implementation requirements the software has.
- Hands-on code development for highly responsive and resilient solutions.
- Caring deeply about user experiences, implementations, and the ongoing operational success that turns a product that customers need into a product they want for life.
- Distributing work for high velocity and quality deliverables, overseeing and mentoring of 2 offshore developers.
- Investigating customer tickets promptly where investigations were unresolvable by first-line support; working closely with customers verbally and in writing to resolve their reported issues.
- Ability to manage work items in tight deadlines and within a fixed R&D release schedule.
- Diligence and attention to detail in the team's record-keeping within corporate systems.
- Participate in product evolution strategies.
- Doing whatever it takes to make the product or service useful, exciting, and successful.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience building multi-tier, distributed web solutions with an emphasis on Responsive Design.
- SQL programming experience, query optimization, use of query assessment and profiling tools.
- Web-development experience in the Microsoft stack of technologies, ASP.Net MVC 5.0 or later, C#, Entity Framework, JQuery Mobile and UI plugins.
- Strong in managing application source code for a product team.
- Understanding of software development best practices, effective implementation strategies, with the skill to optimize a high performing software delivery team.
- Nice to have: Microsoft Azure DevOps / VSTS, AngularJS 2.0+.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment