Zurple & Z57 are two of the ever-growing number of product divisions under the Real Estate vertical of Constellation Software Inc. Zurple provides thousands of Realtors with a robust marketing automation platform. Z57 is an innovative real estate marketing company, with a product specifically for agents, teams, and small to mid-size offices focused on an online and social media presence.
Z57 is working on a Linux-based platform that consists of a multi-tier web app that hosts 5,000 WordPress Websites. These web sites are managed through a back office written in the Kohana framework and the admin tools provided by WordPress. The platform integrates with and aggregates data from multiple APIs.
In addition to above mentioned user interface functionality, the platform uses a series of PHP command line jobs to facilitate marketing activities of our customers. There is deep integration with multiple APIs to provide near real-time property listing information from MLSs that are appended with related 3rd-party data. The system utilizes Social Network APIs to manage post feeds on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube.
We are looking for a Senior Developer who will be responsible for the design of flexible and scalable solutions, and work solving technical problems by utilizing full-stack software development skills and true engineering fundamentals of web applications. Coming to Z57 gives you the opportunity to work with a small development team focused on developing real estate tools where your individual contributions will have a large impact. We are looking for developers who move fast, can break down and solve complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. Developer at Z57, work on a real-world problems, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts our long-term success.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Project manager, Solution Architect, DevOps, QA and other software developer to solve business problems
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to improve technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Implement/Code new features and changes requested by the product team.
- Document all the work in project management system and track time spent on each task (we use Unfuddle Stack: https://unfuddle.com/stack/ and subversion for source control)
- Participate in daily scrum, sprint planning and code reviews
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Lahore resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding of design and architectural patterns.
- 5+ years of experience of developing enterprise level web applications using PHP (MVC frameworks like Kohana, CodeIgniter and WordPress).
- Prior experience of API integration with social platforms e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube etc.
- Deep understanding of relational database and demonstrable experience of schema design, development and fine-tuning queries on MySQL.
- Prior experience of understanding and translating wire frames into functional HTML pages utilizing bootstrap
- A problem free philosophy and strong problem-solving skill set
- Excellent English Language Communication Skills
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment