The Perseus Operating Group, a division of Constellation Software (TSX:CSU), is seeking an energetic, independent and detail oriented Corporate Accounting Specialist to join our Contour office. The individual will work closely with the Accounting and Finance Manager located in our Markham, Canada office. The successful candidate will help create and analyze financial reports related to IFRS compliance, help provide support and guidance related to accounting queries, and provide oversight on accounting related functions. The selected candidate will get the opportunity to work in diverse areas of finance under the team of experienced professionals. Constellation Software is a publicly-traded company that acquires, manages and grows business software companies all over the world.
- The candidate should have strong analytical skills and be able to work with large data sets.
- The candidate should have strong organizational and communication skills allowing him or her to manage multiple priorities while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Be proactive and eager to contribute, learn and provide solutions. Maintaining a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identify, review, and implement process improvements.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Help oversee the accounting compliance with IFRS-15 (revenue) across all Perseus business units.
- Help oversee the ongoing compliance of IFRS-16 (leases) across all Perseus business units.
- Assist with providing accounting guidance to staff in the Contour Karachi office including areas such as revenue classification, capitalization/expense policies etc.
- Perform routine checking of transactions that are recorded in various business units to ensure transactions are in line with Corporate accounting policy.
- Assists with Data analytics, creating ad hoc reports for management to review.
- Assist in maintaining GL hygiene across Perseus.
- Assist with the financial matters with an emphasis on month-end financial reporting, operational support and ad-hoc analytics.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- ACCA or a similar professional accounting designation is a must
- 2-3 years of professional experience from a public accounting or a similar corporate finance/accounting environment demonstrating a knowledge of accounting guidance and methodology.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles such as IFRS, IAS, and GAAP is a plus.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A thorough understanding of accounting guidance, including Revenue Recognition and acquisition accounting is a plus.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and execute the month-end close schedule, including timeline development and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including sophisticated Excel workbooks and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Great Plains, Net Suite, banking applications or other similar programs is a plus.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment