The Perseus Operating Group, a division of Constellation Software (TSX:CSU), is seeking an energetic, independent and detail oriented Corporate Financial Accountant to join our Contour office. The individual will assist the Senior Finance Management team. This includes ongoing support and knowledge of the business operations, accounting policies, financial processes and accounting systems. Further, the individual will be responsible for collaboration with and financial reporting between the corporate finance team and business unit finance leads. This role is an opportunity to be a catalyst for process improvements, grow within the Finance teams and be part of a growing international conglomerate. Constellation Software is a publicly-traded company that acquires, manages and grows business software companies all over the world.
- The candidate should have strong analytical skills and be able to work with large data sets.
- The candidate should have strong organizational and communication skills allowing him or her to manage multiple priorities while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Be proactive and eager to contribute and learn and provide solutions. Maintaining a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identify, review, and implement process improvements.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Assists with Data analytics, creating ad hoc reports for management to review.
- Assist in maintaining GL hygiene across Perseus.
- Running canned reports and providing initial commentary on the findings.
- Assist Corporate finance team with rolling forward tax packs and external disclosures during quarter-ends.
- Help with maintaining the corporate register of Perseus and performing quarterly checks
- Helping with acquisition integrations
- Assist Great Plain admin team on user related issues and new module functionality
- Assist in write-ups of new policies and process documents
- Ad-hoc support on ongoing projects.
- Assist with the financial matters with an emphasis on month-end financial reporting, operational support and ad-hoc analytics.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Master's in accounting, Finance or Business
- 2-3 years of professional experience from public accounting or a similar corporate finance/accounting environment demonstrating a knowledge of accounting guidance and methodology.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including sophisticated Excel workbooks and PowerPoint.
- Experience with accounting technology including automated solutions and ERP's for general ledgers.
- Experience with Great Plains, Net Suite, banking applications or other similar programs is a plus.
- A thorough understanding of accounting guidance, including Revenue Recognition and acquisition accounting is a plus.
- Ability to manage, develop and implement best practices.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and execute the month-end close schedule, including timeline development and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment