SmartZip Analytics is the pioneer and leader in data-driven marketing solutions for the real estate ecosystem. SmartZip's SmartTargeting platform uses data-driven, multi-channel marketing automation to identify top home seller prospects, engage them through targeted marketing campaigns, and ultimately close more business with smart nurturing and prospecting tools. Constellation SmartZip Solutions Inc. dba SmartZip is a part of the Constellation Real Estate Group and a subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc.
We are seeking a Data Engineer who should thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, take initiative, be passionate about innovating creative solutions and problem-solving, have excellent communication skills, and the drive to deliver quality data. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Lahore/Islamabad/Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Qualifications
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs.
- Build, scale, maintain, and run data pipelines for publication of data internally and externally.
- Maintain and debug Elastic Map Reduce (using Hive/Impala/Spark) jobs.
- Work directly with data support analysts to help reproduce and resolve critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple SmartZip products and services.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to answer various business questions, putting the evidence, potential impacts, and action items together into a non-technical fashion, then reporting directly to stakeholders.
Preferred Qualification Details:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field, or 3+ years of experience in a technical position.
- Expert understanding of ETL principles and how to apply them.
- Relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Strong SQL scripting and optimization experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Strong UNIX system administrator skills along with system monitoring, analysis, and scripting
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus.
- Experience with AWS - any or all of EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, Redshift, EMR.
- Knowledge of Hadoop architecture, administration, and support, (exposure to Map-Reduce, HBASE, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, etc. a plus).
- Be able to read java code, and basic coding/scripting ability in shell, Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, and/or PHP.
- Good understanding of distributed computing environments.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology.
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices.
- Exposure or experience in Jenkins or similar CI/CD platforms.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment