Perseus Group is a part of Constellation Software Inc. (TSX: CSU), Canada's largest software company, with a market capitalization of over $25 billion. CSU acquires and operates hundreds of industry specific software businesses in more than 90 niche verticals (e.g., software for homebuilders, dealerships, clinics, specialty retailers, real estate brokers).
The Business Development Associate will work with the Perseus team (based in Toronto) to contact acquisition prospects via email and Linked In, with the goal of establishing meetings for the team. The role primarily consists of outreach, with a secondary focus on research.
- Carefully select appropriate email correspondence based on detailed contact history of acquisition prospects documented in our proprietary Salesforce database.
- Update our proprietary Salesforce database based on account notes and through online research (company website, Linked In page, etc).
- Help the M&A team identify new acquisition prospects from industry lists based on the existing database, business model, size, and other high-level criteria.
- A team member, to work from the Contour Lahore office, reporting to the M&A Associate in Toronto.
- Opportunity to gain experience in acquisitions and business development at a highly successful enterprise software company.
- Depending on the individual and team's performance, the scope of the role can evolve.
- Part-time/project opportunities shall be considered for the team member role for candidates enrolled in Business/Commerce programs.
Relevant Credentials & Experience
- Strong English oral communication, reading comprehension and written communication skills
- Ability to efficiently and thoughtfully review and synthesize prior contact history in our proprietary Salesforce database and select appropriate follow-up correspondence.
- Work proactively with persistence, efficiency, a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Intelligence to quickly understand technology company business models and identify companies that could fit with our investment mandate.
Hours Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Evidence of strong English communication skills.
- Candidates with ongoing or completed Diploma/Bachelors education in Commerce/Business/English, or experience in Sales/Account management/Data Management (Updating Records)-oriented roles, are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working with multinationals, specifically Canada/US-based, would be an asset.
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM platforms would be beneficial.
- Experience mentoring and/or collaborating with team members would be beneficial.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment